Our maintained nursery is managed by our governing body.
Maintained nurseries in St Helens offer places for three and four-year-olds the year before they start school, but children may be able to go sooner if there are enough places.
We also offer two-year-olds places - Your child can get 15 hours of funded nursery care each week for 38 weeks each year!
The hours are normally divided up into morning or afternoon sessions on five days per week. We will contact you with details of the session times for your child after a place has been allocated by the local authority.
If your child turns three after 31 August 2021 and you wish to apply for January, April or September 2022 admission please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form as the online system has now closed.
Before you apply
- Read the nursery education booklet, which contains useful information about the application process, including how places will be allocated, definition of home address and how late applications will be dealt with.
- Clarify any issues you are not sure about with staff in the School Admissions team on 01744 671035 or email email@example.com.
Nursery Applications are available throughout the year - We now have the capacity to take more morning and afternoon Nursery children from the age of 2. We can offer fully funded, flexible places for children from the age of 2, please come in and see us or ring the office on 01744 678300.
Early childhood education takes place in our Nursery, from 9am until 12noon for the morning session and 1pm until 4pm for the afternoon session with additional options for children with funding for 30 hours.
There are three intakes per year to the Nursery, this being in the term following the child’s third birthday (for limited two year old places please contact school).
Apply online at www.sthelens.gov.uk/admissions or come directly to our school office.
Children are allocated a place in nursery the term after their 3rd birthday:
- Autumn term- September (Children who are 3 from May – end of August)
- Spring Term- January ( Children who are 3 from September – end of Dec)
- Summer Term-April (Children who are 3 from January – end of April)
Currently all 3 year old children are entitled to 15 hours free childcare. Some children may qualify for 30 hours free nursery entitlement.
Children with particular special needs, as defined in the Local Education Authority's criteria, may be admitted at an earlier stage.
Application forms for Nursery are available from the school office or from St Helens Admissions Department in Atlas House. Parents may contact the school at any time to arrange a visit or to request further information.
Applying for primary school for September 2022
If your child turns four on or between 1st September 2021 and 31st August 2022, he or she can start primary school in September 2022.
From Monday 20th September 2021 you can apply online for a Reception Year place for September 2022. The closing date for applications is 14th January 2022.
Before you apply:
- Read the primary education booklet, which contains useful information about the application process, including: how places will be allocated, definition of home address and how late applications will be dealt with.
- Consider how your child will get to school and the potential transport costs.
- Clarify any issues you are not sure about with a member of the School Admissions team on 01744 671035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child turned four before 1st September, 2021 and have not yet applied for a primary school place for September 2021, please contact the school admissions team on 01744 671035 for a late application form.
St Helen's Local Authority decides our admissions please find all the information and links to support you in contacting them below.
2-Year-Old Nursery Provision
Children can start our nursery the day of their 2nd birthday.
We provide childcare from 8am to 6pm at a cost of £6 per hour or £40 per day. We also accept 2 year funding.
Please contact the school office for an application pack.
Our nursery offers all 3 and 4 year old children 15/30 hours free childcare.
If parents/guardians require any further hours we also offer flexible wrap around from 8am to 6pm for an additional charge of £4 per hour.
30 Hours Free Childcare Eligibility Criteria
- Parents expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months.
- This equates to £120 a week (or c.£6,000 a year) for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 a week (or c.£5,800 a year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old and £56 a week for apprentices in their first year.
- This applies whether you are in paid employment, self-employed or on zero hours contract.
- The parent (and their partner where applicable) should be seeking the free childcare to enable them to work.
- Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.
- Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.
- Where a parent is in a ‘start-up period’ (i.e. they are newly self-employed) they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months.
- If one or both parents is a non-EEA national, the parent applying must have recourse to public funds.
A parent will not meet the criteria when:
- Either parent has an income of more than £100,000.
- If one or both parents is a non-EEA national and the parent applying does not have recourse to public funds.
Please visit the website below to apply: