Our School Governors
An open letter from our Chair of Governors Mr David Hornby
A very warm welcome to all involved with Grange Valley Primary School from the governing body.
The role of the governing body is to support the Headteacher, teaching staff and pupils in being the best Grange Valley can be, by helping it to achieve the high standards it sets itself.
The role of the governing body as set out by the Department of Education is to
- Help the school to set high standards by planning for the future and setting targets for continual improvement
- Be a critical friend to the school offering support and advice
- Help the school respond to the needs of the parents and community
- Make the school accountable to the public for what it does
- Exercise its responsibilities in partnership with the head teacher and staff
- Work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review
The school governors at Grange Valley are chosen by the Local Authority, staff, community and parents. All of our governors attend regular meetings and each bring their own individual experience, skills and expertise, whether that be financial, strategic planning or more practical input. Every governor is an invaluable member of the team!
The full Governing Body meets on a termly basis, whilst sub committees such as: finance, curriculum and staffing meet on a more regular basis.
Should you have any questions for the governing body then please address them to me via the school office.
Chair of Governors
Co opted and LA governors were appointed and approved by the full governing body. Staff governors by the staff at Grange Valley and Parents governors were appointed by the parents of Grange Valley. Attendance at all meetings is excellent.