Applying for primary school for September 2021
If your child turns four on or between 1 September 2020 and 31 August 2021, he or she can start primary school in September 2021.
From Monday 21 September 2020 you can apply online for a Reception Year place for September 2021. The closing date for applications is 15 January 2021.
Before you apply:
- Read the primary education booklet, which contains useful information about the application process, including: how places will be allocated, definition of home address and how late applications will be dealt with.
- Consider how your child will get to school and the potential transport costs.
- Clarify any issues you are not sure about with a member of the School Admissions team on 01744 671035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child turned four before 1 September, 2020 and have not yet applied for a primary school place for September 2020, please contact the school admissions team on 01744 671035 for a late application form.
St Helen's Local Authority decides our admissions please find all the information and links to support you in contacting them below.
Nursery Applications are available throughout the year - We now have the capacity to take more morning and afternoon Nursery children. We can offer fully funded, flexible places for children from the age of 2, please come in and see us or ring the office on 01744 678720.
Early childhood education takes place in our Nursery, from 8.50am until 12noon for the morning session and 1pm until 4pm for the afternoon session with additional options for children with funding for 30 hours. There are three intakes per year to the Nursery, this being in the term following the child’s third birthday (for limited two year old places please contact school). Children with particular special needs, as defined in the Local Education Authority's criteria, may be admitted at an earlier stage. Application forms for Nursery are available from the school office or from St Helens Admissions Department in Atlas House. Parents may contact the school at any time to arrange a visit or to request further information.
Full Nursery Wrap Around available!
Maintained nursery places
Our maintained nursery is managed by our governing body
Maintained nurseries in St Helens offer places for three and four-year-olds the year before they start school, but children may be able to go sooner if there are enough places.
We offer some two-year-olds places.
Your child can get 15 hours of funded nursery care each week for 38 weeks each year the term after their third birthday.
The hours are normally divided up into morning or afternoon sessions on five days per week. We will contact you with details of the session times for your child after a place has been allocated by the local authority.
January, April and September 2021 admission
If your child turns three after 31 August 2020 and you wish to apply for January, April or September 2021 admission please email email@example.com to request an application form as the online system has now closed.
Before you apply
- Read the nursery education booklet, which contains useful information about the application process, including how places will be allocated, definition of home address and how late applications will be dealt with.
- Clarify any issues you are not sure about with staff in the School Admissions team on 01744 671035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.